Last night at our church we had an ordination service for Peter Witkowski. It was such a blessing in so many ways.
The service was full of singing and prayer and also 2 short sermons.
I preached the charge to the candidate for ministry (Peter). I preached on being “upright” from Titus 1:8, the qualification for a minister.
Jason Fowler preached the other sermon- the charge to the church. He did an outstanding job! It challenged me to be a better pastor to our people. And it is something I wish every Church person everywhere could hear.
His sermon was 7 Ways to Bring Your Pastor Joy and Not Groaning from Hebrews 13:17.
Here were his 7 points:
- Obey & Submit to your pastor (Hebrews 13:17)
- Remember your leaders & imitate them (Hebrews 13:7)
- Give them honor (1 Timothy 5:17)
- Pray for them & let them know it (Hebrews 13:18)
- Be there! Let your pastor see you regularly. (Hebrews 10:25)
- Be unified. Kill drama & division. (Philippians 2:2)
- Walk in the truth (3 John 3-4)